Saturday 31 March 2012

Seoul Trip Day 2- SBS Inkigayo (FAIL) , Edae, Hongdae

A week before I came to Seoul, I tried to apply for tickets to get into SBS Inkigayo. Thanks to her, I learned how to apply for Inkigayo tickets. Unfortunately, I didn't get the tickets. According to twitter updates, Big Bang was scheduled to do a prerecording for Inkigayo on that day. So, I decided to go try my luck to see if I could get into their prerecording.

I left my hostel at about 6.30pm. To get to SBS, take the subway to Gayang Station and exit from Exit 10. From the station, turn left and walk straight. It's only a couple minutes walk from the exit. There were already many groups of fans queuing. So, I went around asking if they were VIPs. Finally, I approached a group and found out that they were fellow Singaporeans! I was really glad to find English speakers. The best thing was they were also waiting for Big Bang.

Unfortunately, after waiting for some time, someone informed us that there might not be a prerecording and BB might be performing live. Some helpful twitter users helped to confirmed this for us. I was really disappointed. *sigh*

I hung around a little longer and met another Taiwanese fan. She was queuing with the B2B fans. She was quite helpful and did some translations for me. She asked if I wanted to join the B2B fans to enter the prerecording to take a look. I agreed and queued with them for a while. However, I changed my mind and just backed out. To be honest, the only group I wanted to catch was Big Bang. *sigh*

Anyway, I hung around a while to just see what the fans were doing.


SBS Entrance


Fans were queuing according the groups they were supporting. There was a list for them to register their names.


Fans were waiting at the car entrance
They got super excited every time a nanny van entered.


Some fans were armed with huge cameras and zoom lenses!

It was great to have company!

I gave up and left SBS. I headed back to Edae to explore the area I was living in. I was quite curious about the university campus so I went there for a walk. I have to say.... the Ehwa Women University Campus was really beautiful!!





After roaming around the university, I headed back to Edae shopping area. Many of the shops cater to the female students. The clothes are affordable and trendy. According to my friend, the clothes in Edae are the cheapest.




From Edae, I slowly walked towards Sinchon and Hongdae to meet some friends. A Japanese friend studying in Seoul brought us to a restaurant in Hongdae to try Korean yakiniku. The food was DELICIOUS and CHEAP! I thought it was quite interesting how they ate the meat. We were supposed to wrap the meat together with other vegetables or kimchi and stuff them into our mouths. It was 大変おいしい!!



After dinner, we dropped by a cafe to grabbed some desserts. For some reasons, waffles are apparently extremely popular in Seoul. I see them everywhere in cafes.



Next: Seoul Trip Day 3- Butter Fingers Pancakes, Myeong Dong, Dongdaemun

3 comments:

  1. Hi! is that possible to see Running Man casts? Because I'm the big fan of them :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Didn't know Edae is pretty...wasn't there during my visit earlier this year >.<! Thanks for the blog! I'm so gonna go there again next year! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to Korea yet, but seeing pics of Edae and Hongdae makes me want to go even more. Too bad you missed out on seeing BB. I hope I get better luck and get into Inkigayo.

    ReplyDelete