Friday 9 March 2012

K-Drama: Operation Proposal

Other than Shut Up Flower Boy Band, the other drama which I'm currently following, is Operation Proposal. This drama is based on a Japanese drama called "Puropozu dai sakusen" (Operation Love). The story is about a man given the chance to go back in time to make things right with his first love.



Kang Baek Ho is a down and out ex-baseball player. Baek Ho and Yi-Seul are childhood friends. Although he has been in love with her for the longest time, he has never revealed his feelings to her.

Yi Seul has been in love with Baek Ho since she was a child. She has given up waiting for him and has decided to go down the aisle with someone else.

Yi Seul and her (hot looking) husband (to be)

The first two episodes were a little slow and the character of Baek Ho was starting to bore me. But once I hit the third episode, I was so drawn to the story and characters! Every episode, I'm cheering for Baek Ho to reclaim his love! Of course, some parts of the story were quite unbelievable. How can you be with someone for twenty years and not reveal your feelings? He didn't just get one chance to go back in time to fix thing. He went back almost every episode! I mean, you went back so many times and STILL didn't tell her?? I get quite exasperated by Baek Ho's indecisiveness.

Despite that, it's still a wonderful show that makes people reminisce about their school days, lost loves, abandoned dreams and "what ifs". I definitely highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment