Saturday 31 March 2012

Seoul Trip Day 1- Sinchon Hostel

So, I got back from Seoul a few days ago. It was my first solo overseas trip and it went really smoothly! I arrived into Seoul at about 8pm. The first thing I did was to rent an iphone. It cost about 6,500 won per day for unlimited data plan, which was pretty decent. Since I was traveling alone, it was worth spending a little getting some kind of connection.

After renting my phone, I headed towards my hostel. I made a reservation at Sinchon Hostel. During my first trip to Seoul, I stayed in Insadong area, at Beewon Guesthouse. It was a quint and peaceful area with many traditional tea houses. For my recent trip, I opted to stay in the university area to experience a different atmosphere.

Sinchon Hostel is right smacked in the middle of Edae (Ehwa Women's University). The nearest subway station is Ehwa Women University and the hostel is just a five-minute walk from Exit 2 of the station. There are many prominent landmarks to help you locate the hostel. I had absolutely no problem finding my way there.

I absolutely loved staying in Edae. Cheap and affordable shopping was just a stone's throw away. You can easily find shops, restaurants, cafes and manicure palors in that area. As opposed to Insadong, Edae is bustling with energy and excitement.


Big Bang advertisement in Edae Station







I was very satisfied with my stay in Sinchon Hostel! The room was spacious and pretty decent. It was very, very clean. I really liked the huge flat screen television in the room. I spent most of my late nights watching Kpop videos on this wonderful television! Sinchon Hostel consists of two buildings. I stayed in a separate building away from the reception. Hence, it was quieter and I had more privacy. The staff were also very polite and helpful.

The only minor complaint I had was that the room was quite warm. The floors were heated. But the floors were so hot that I had to walk around in the bathroom slippers. I avoided putting anything on the ground, because I was worried that things might melt or even catch fire (sounds stupid, but you can never be too careful). It was so warm that I had to open my window. Other than that, I have no other complaints. This is definitely a place I would go back to.

I made reservations for a single room. But I think they gave me a semi double room. I have no complaints!!



The glorious television

The bathroom looks a little run down in the picture. But it's really clean. The fan in the bathroom is wonderful. The bathroom dries really quickly. So, you don't need to walk on wet floors all the time.

So, I spent the rest of the night watching re-runs of korean music programs and planning for my first full day in Seoul!

No comments:

Post a Comment