Saturday 31 March 2012

Seoul Trip Day 4- YG, Bukchon Hanok Village, Samcheongdong

YG Entertainment

I woke up real early to go to YG Entertainment. To get there, take the subway to Hapjeong Station and go out from Exit 8. Once you're out, you'll see the SK gas station. Walk past the gas station.
Walk past the first gas station.


Continue walking straight passing some small stalls.

You will reach the second gas station. Walk past it.


You will pass this restaurant along the way.

Shortly after you pass the restaurant, you'll come to this junction. You should see the YG building from here. Make a right turn in.

YG Entertainment building

I wasn't planning to camp there to wait. So I just snapped a picture and moved on.

Bukchon Hanok Village Tour

If you visit the visitseoul website, there are various free walking tours which you can sign up for. The first walking tour which I signed up for was the Bukchon Hanok Village Tour. It has many traditional korean hanok houses and a few korean dramas such as Personal Preferences were filmed there.

I was the only one in the tour so I had a personal guide all to myself. My guide was a friendly and very active old man. It was a pretty good tour and I highly recommend people to sign up for the tours. It's much more interesting to have someone explain stuff to you.

I like how they integrate modernity into the traditional houses.



We passed by this school which was the filming location of a famous korean drama. There were many Japanese tourists taking pictures outside the school.




Samcheongdong

After I thanked my guide and treated him to a cup of coffee, I went to Samcheongdong which was also in the same area. Samcheongdong is a very quaint area with many small boutiques and cafes. Samcheongdong is a nice and cosy area and the wall drawings adds character to the area.











Beans Bins, Samcheongdong

Many Taiwanese guidebook highly recommend the Beans Bins Cafe for their waffles. I dropped by the cafe and ordered a Fruits Waffles. The waffles was huge and topped with fruits. The main disadvantage about traveling alone is that it's difficult to try a wide variety of food. I was so full from eating the waffles that I couldn't try any other desserts.


Next: Seoul Trip Day 5 - Fortress Wall Walking Tour and last minute shopping

1 comment:

  1. hi! May I use your photos in my Imagine Your Korea video? I'm joining the contest.. I will add your website in my video as the credit.. Thank You :)

    ReplyDelete