Friday 27 January 2012

YG Family Concert 22 Jan, Saitama Arena

23/01/2012

The last YG Family Concert was held in Saitama Arena. We took the overnight bus to Saitama. We were really fortunate that our hotel allowed us to check in at 6am. So we took a short nap before going to the concert venue.


Hotel room


The queue was horrendously long. It circled Saitama Arena. And I swear it was freezing cold. I was so glad I didn't need to queue for any goods.



Poor things. Waiting in the cold and rain.



I accompanied my friend to the concert venue to buy food to collect big bang spoons.



You'll get a hideous 2NE1 keychain if you buy the corn soup; a spoon if you buy the curry rice; a boring sticker if you buy some chicken rice bowl.

These were all fan-made banner/posters. They were distributing to random fans. My friend helped me to get this one.

Another fan made item which my friend got for me


Getting ready on concert day


View from our seat

Basically, I enjoyed this concert much more than the first. The crowd was better. The artists were more energetic. :D

It was really tiring though. Other than watching the concert, I did some window shopping and sightseeing in Tokyo as well. We caught the overnight bus on Sunday night and arrived in Toyama on Monday morning. I had to rush home to drop my things and go to work. Needless to say, I was in a total daze at work.

But it was really worth it. :)

3 comments:

  1. So it seems I've stumbled onto your blog somehow. It's great by the way!
    Since you seem to be rather knowledgeable, would you perhaps be able to advise me on how you go about getting tickets to the YG shows in Japan? My friend and I are desperate to go to Big Show in Saitama but are completely clueless on how to go about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I get my tickets through Big Bang's fan club. Ticketing in Japan is a more tricky. The fan club members will ballot for tickets first. Then after that, public sales will start. You can buy public sale tickets online or from the convenience stores. But you need to pay for them in Japan. If you can't get tickets through public sales, the last options will be to get them through Yahoo auctions, third party stores or scalpers at the concert venues. For the last option, you may need to pay more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, thank you so much! And your post all about ticketing was super helpful too!

    ReplyDelete