Friday 27 January 2012

Love & Hope Big Bang Concert (Makuhari Messe) Day 1

I'm moving my BB entries from my personal blog to this blog. So these are backdated entries.


16/05/2011

When Big Bang released their concert dates, I was really tempted to go watch them. The concert venues were really far from Toyama and their most of their concert days fell on weekdays.

But all it took was to see them on Japanese television and I was dying to go! It was a last minute gamble to go because I bought my bus tickets to Tokyo even though I hadn't secured a concert ticket. I didn't managed to ballot for the tickets via the fanclub (Yes, I'm in their fan club!). All the public sales tickets were sold out. So, I turned to Japan yahoo auctions. I was lucky enough to find an online store who was willing to sell me the tickets outside of the auction. I had to plead with them to hold the ticket for a day. Lucky for me, they did!

The rest of the post are mainly fangirl crazy stuff. So, behold!

5/13 (Friday)
I was sneaking around at my workplace to make phone calls to the store , begging them to hold the tickets. Once I knocked off, I rushed to the ATM to make the bank transfer; took a picture of the receipt and emailed them. Then, I raced home to pack for my weekend. I had to catch an overnight bus to Tokyo.

5/14 (Saturday)
I reached Tokyo early in the morning at 6am. I met up with my friend and we decided that she would go first to queue for concert goods *serious stuff!* while I go collect my concert ticket in Shibuya. The shop didn't open till 10am, hence I had to hang around doing nothing for 4 hours.
None of the stores were opened, so I was bored to tears.


Waiting for the shop to open


YAY~ Big Bang Poster in Shibuya

After I finally collected the tickets, I rushed to the concert venue in Chiba. The queue for concert goods was astonishing. People started queuing since 8am and goods were only being sold at 3pm. By the time I arrived, my friend had already been sitting in the scotching sun for four hours. We waiting together for another 1.5 hours (I think)

The only time we smiled while in the queue. Seriously, no one can smile while waiting in the sun like that man.


We were supposedly near the start of the queue. There was only another 100m-long queue in front of us and probably a 400m (or more) long queue behind us.


Finally, the queue started to move and everyone moved orderly into lines to buy their goods. We had our order list ready. (Yes, we had an order list because my friend had to buy stuff for other people too) Before we reached the stores, stuff were being sold out and you could hear the girls gasping whenever a staff pasted the dreaded SOLD OUT sticker.

At about 3pm, we finally got all the stuff we wanted and went to check-in into our hotel. We were so exhausted. While munching on heavenly Macdonalds, we laid out our loots.


Erm...Combined purchases amounted to about 40,000 yen? *GASP*


After some rest, we had to go back to the stadium! We couldn't sit together because we bought our tickets separately. But I was lucky to be sitting next to some nice Japanese girls from Hokkaido! They taught me how to do some concert chants! We weren't allowed to take any pictures or video of the concert, and security was very tight.

The concert was AWESOOOOOMMMMMMEEE!!! The energy level was so high and Big Bang didn't disappoint at all. For two hours, Big Bang kept the crowd going, jumping, moving and screaming. Fans were bringing the house down with their screaming. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't see the stage most of the time. I had to rely on the screen and it felt like watching a DVD with really loud sound effects. At that point, I would have paid ANYTHING to sit in the front row to watch them. *sigh*

Towards the end of the concert, I took secretly some audio clips. Shhhh...



Instead of shouting "encore", the Japanese fan sang the chorus of My Heaven. It was quite moving.





And when Big Bang finally came out, the energy level went through the roof. If you're going to listen to the next clip, be prepared for the loud screaming.


After the concert finished, we were tired and smelly, but very happy!!!


Back to chilling in the hotel room

The concert organisers actually prepared boxes for fans to drop off their gifts. So, we decided to write fan letters to them! I haven't written a fan letter in ages! LOL We decided that we would go back to the concert hall to drop the fan letters and gifts before going back into Tokyo City. While still bathing in awe of the concert, we were both tempted to watch it for the second time, with better seats....

To be contined...

No comments:

Post a Comment