Thursday 26 April 2012

April 四月


 We had a welcome party for the new teacher in the English Department. The salad served during the party was so refreshing and appetizing. 



 A bread truck comes to my visiting school once a month to sell bread and cakes. One of my ex-students works at the vocational center which makes the bread. My supervisor bought this pumpkin chiffon cake and gave it to me. I realized that I've come to use the word "kind" very often in  Japan. But I can't think of a better word to describe the people who are taking the trouble to take care of me.  


In my recent cooking lesson, I learned to make "Datemaki" , a kind of Japanese rolled egg, which is usually eaten during the Japanese New Year. 


The spring tournament for many sports clubs have began. I caught my school's first baseball game. The third-year students saw me in the audience stand and waved happily to me. I was really glad. I remembered the first time when I went for a match and everyone was too shy to even say "Hi". I'll really miss these boys.  


The one and only picture I took with the cherry blossoms

No comments:

Post a Comment